IT Software Solutions for Business
The continuously accelerating pace of business globalization and connectivity has been largely driven by developments in Information and Communication Technology (ICT) and related IT Software Solutions.
IT software solution professionals always work closely with clients to modify existing systems or create new systems. The tasks performed by IT software solution professionals include but are not limited to the following:
- Review current system and present ideas for improvement, including cost benefit analysis
- Analyse and specify user requirements
- Produce detailed specifications for new systems or for modifications to existing systems
- Develop software systems and test the software solution thoroughly
- Prepare user training materials, train users, and present the software solution to users
- Install, implement, and maintain the software system
They can operate in a wide variety of roles including in a development role to tailor-make or customize software solutions, in a supporting role to operate systems, in a business analyst role to provide solutions to simplify and automate routine office and business activities, as well as in a training role to train users in using the application software.