ASEAN TVET CONFERENCE 2018
ASEAN Skills, Crafting the Future
1 September 2018
Jupiter Ballroom 4-6,
IMPACT Muang Thong Thani, Thailand
THE GREATEST VOCATIONAL SKILLS EXCELLENCE COMPETITION IN SOUTHEAST ASIA
Held every two years, the ASEAN Skills Competition is the largest professional education event in South East Asia. Competing over real work challenges, Competitors from 10 ASEAN member states (AMS) perform specific tasks for each of the professional skills, as well as achieve international standards of quality.
The event also provides contact and exchange of information on best practices in professional education among industry leaders, governments and education experts. The experiences and the results of the competition provide valuable feedback to the Competitors, their countries, businesses, and schools in which they are being trained.
The competition is also a good opportunity for youths to experience and engage in technical and skilled careers.
ASEAN TVET CONFERENCE
To further enhance the skills competition, ASEAN Member States agree to conduct TVET Conference back to back with the skill competition. The TVET Conference, therefore, had been launched at the event in Kuala Lumpur back in 2016. This ASEAN TVET Conference will provide a unique opportunity for relevant stakeholders to share international experiences in addressing challenges in development on vocational education and skills training across Southeast Asian countries.
This year, Thailand, as a host country of WorldSkills ASEAN Bangkok 2018, will host one-day TVET Conference on 1 September 2018. The Conference will allow 300 representatives from international organizations, AMS governments, academia and industries to exchange experiences and practices focusing on following area:
- Trends and Opportunities for ASEAN Workforce in the Future of Jobs
- Anticipating the Future of Jobs: Mapping Skills Supply
- Skills Competitions – The Experiences and how to link with TVET
- Building Young Talents for the Future of Jobs– Challenges of TVET Delivery
KEY OBJECTIVES OF THE CONFERENCE:
- To share experiences between ASEAN countries and WorldSkills members on how skills competition contribute to the demand of industries;
- To discuss mechanism that can help improving TVET delivery in ASEAN to be in line with industrial needs;
- To identify potential future skills to be promoted in the next ASEAN Skills Competition.
KEY OUTCOME OF THE CONFERENCE:
Know how to adjust learning or training courses to respond to future of jobs